Forage Sorghum Product Guide
- Tall plant with strong stalk for good standability.
- High grain to stover ratio for increaseD digestibility.
- Wide leaves produce a dark, dense canopy, for superior weed suppression and moisture conservation.
This hybrid produces a very high grain yield of strong sturdy stems 6 to 8 feet tall. Its high grain stover ratio significantly increases digestible dry matter produced per unit area as silage. The high protein content and total digestible nutrients make this a perfect forage for feedlot or dairy.
- Brown Midrib Silage Sorghum Hybrid.
- High grain yield potential.
- Intermediate tall plants with strong stem.
- Good stand ability and lodging resistance.
- Wide long leaves poised closely producing a dark, dense, canopy for high leaf-stem ratio.
- Excellent tillering capacity and near simultaneous flowering of main and till panicles (good for harvesting at hard-dough stage silage).
- High green leaf retention.
- Large leaf number/excellent tillering/high grain yield + brown midrib = Outstanding Silage.
This hybrid is similar to SH 905F to which the brown midrib trait has been added. Its high grain yield of 5000+ lbs/ac on strong sturdy stems of 6 to 8 feet in height makes the hybrid an outstanding silage performer. Because the hybrid has such a high grain/stover ratio animal performance is excellent in both the feedlot and dairy. The protein content and total digestible dry matter makes this a near perfect silage product.
|SH 905||SH 905F|
|Lbs/Ac Dryland Row||5-8||5-15|
|Lbs/Ac Dryland Broadcast||–||15-20|
|Lbs/Ac Irrigated Row||8-12||10-15|
|Lbs/Ac Irrigated Broadcast||–||35-40|
A standard 5 point rating system is used unless otherwise indicated. Ratings are based on comparison with other MMR products of like maturity.
Rating Scale: 1 = Poor to 5 = Excellent
** Agronomic data are insufficient to make a rating at this time
The information and recommendations contained on this page are provided for comparison purposes only and are not guarantees of results, results may vary. This information is provided to assist in the selection of hybrids that will best suit your needs. No warranties either expresses or implied are intended with this information.